Textbooks Lockers & Gym Clothes
Oakland Tech provides one textbook per subject to students at the beginning of the year. All books are to be returned at the end of the year. Students must return the book title and book number that they were issued. It is the responsibility of the student to return books once they are no longer needed.
Students should never leave textbooks in the classroom!
Students will be held financially responsible for every book that is not returned. Students with outstanding book debts will have to pay the debt before registering for classes the following year. The book room is located in the basement near the cafeteria, (510) 879-2305 ext 174.
Lockers are assigned to 9th graders and other new students at registration. Students keep their lockers throughout their Tech experience — as seniors graduate, their lockers become available to new students. Please be aware that Tech does not have enough hall lockers to accommodate all students. Priority for lockers is for 9th graders.
- Students are not permitted to share lockers
- Students should not share their combinations with others and should refrain from putting valuable items (cell phones, purses, wallets, etc.) in their lockers
- Personal locks are not permitted on lockers and will be removed if used
- PE locks, which must be used on PE lockers, will be distributed and collected by PE teachers. There is a $7 charge for any lock that is not returned.
- Tech is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Students must make sure that their locker is secure before they leave
If you would like a locker and haven't signed up yet, please fill out the form Oakland Tech Locker Sign Up 2022-2023. It is the scholar’s responsibility to pick up their locker number and combination from the Treasurer’s office when they are notified.
Please contact Ms. Rosemary Whisenston, Tech’s Treasurer, if you have any questions or concerns about the lockers.
PE and Dance Clothes
Students must dress for physical education and dance classes:
- In the 2022-2023 school year, all students that take PE will be required to wear a Oakland Technical High School PE uniform.
- Uniforms were purchased during registration for $25. If this presents an undue hardship, financial assistance is available: Financial Aid Request for PE Uniforms and we will address the matter as soon as possible. This is a confidential process.
- If you would like to make a donation to the PTSA for PE uniforms, you may also do so by clicking the following link: PE Uniform Donation form
- Dance students must wear all-black clothing
- Not wearing PE uniforms can result in a suit cut or a grade change