Graduation Course Requirements: 230 Credits
- English - 40 credits
- Mathematics - 30 credits
- Social Studies - 30 credits
- Visual & Performing Arts - 10 credits
- Science - 30 credits
- World Language - 20 credits
- Physical Education - 20 credits
- Electives - 50 credits
How Many Credits Do You Need?
To be on track for graduation, students should have completed the following credits at the start of each grade level:
- 10th Grade: 50 Credits
- 11th Grade: 110 Credits
- 12th Grade: 170 Credits
9th grade students must take 10 credits of exploring computer sciences and physical education.
“F” = No Credit
Students who receive an F in a course DO NOT EARN CREDIT for that course and must talk with their counselor about credit recovery options. Priority for the district’s summer school is given to 11th and 12th grade students. It’s important for parents to read the student’s report card carefully to ensure the student is on track for credits as well as GPA.
Required to Participate in Graduation Ceremony
All students must successfully complete ALL graduation requirements to participate in the graduation ceremony:
- 230 credits in required subjects (one semester course = 5 credits; one year course = 10 credits)
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 3
- Senior Project: Tech seniors choose a major research or creative project in an area of their interest to complete during the school year, under the guidance of their English and Government teachers
“A-G” Requirements for UC and CSU
The abbreviation “a‐g” refers to the 15 high school courses students must complete to satisfy the subject requirement for admission to the University of California and California State University. Find out more here.
Physical Education Requirements
Tech’s Physical Education Dept. focuses on helping Bulldog students become physically literate individuals with the knowledge, confidence and skills to enjoy a lifetime of healthful activities. View the complete Oakland Tech Physical Education Requirements.