Credit for Sports
(Updated May 25, 2023)
Please note: All 9th and 10th grade students are required to take PE. Athletics and club sports are no longer accepted as a replacement.
- All 9th and 10th grade students take PE at Oakland Tech. (Dance is the only replacement.)
- Students may earn elective credit for participating in an approved Oakland Athletic League (OAL) sport or OT Club Sport during the school year.
- Read the Physical Education General Policies at Oakland Tech
Students may earn 5 elective credits per sport/season up to a maximum of 10 credits.
- Oakland Athletic League (OAL) sports will receive elective credits for the 2023-24 season. These sports include: Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Cross Country, Golf, Girls Lacrosse, Track and Field, Softball, Baseball, Cheer, Soccer, Badminton, Football, Tennis, and Swimming.
- For Club Sports at Oakland Tech to receive elective credit:
- Fill out the Sports Elective Credit Application: submit it by September 4, 2024.
- Each week, students will need to have a form signed by their coach and complete 10-12 hours of practice per week.
Advanced Credit (PE) credits
The only way to receive the Advanced Credit (PE credit) is to take the Physical Fitness Test.
- Students will need to fill out the Physical Fitness Test Application
- The test will be administered October 16-20, 2023 and March 11-15, 2024
- Students must pass two of the three requirements to receive credit. The requirements are: running (7 minute mile), curls, and push-ups.
- Upon completion, students will receive 5 Advanced Credits (5 PE). Students may take the test twice to receive 10 credits (1 year of PE).